The buy to let mortgage market has seen huge growth in recent years - this has attracted much media attention, and has led to Government intervention and a tightening of lenders requirements.
Whilst most buy to let lending remains outside of Financial Conduct Authority regulation, lenders treat this type of borrowing in a similar way to regulated residential mortgages, with strict, but varying criteria imposed.
This means that in many cases one lenders negative response can be a yes elsewhere, so it is vital to take advice from experts in the field.
We will look to work with all customers to come up with a solution which fits specific circumstances and where required form a long term partnership to manage the mortgage requirement either on a review basis or to grow the property portfolio over time.
Examples of customers where we can provide a helping hand and work for you to find a solution are;
- First time buyers/first time landlords
- High value properties/high value mortgages
- Multiple property portfolios
- Low rental yield
- Low “earned” income
- Limited company borrowers
- Houses in multiple occupation – student or professional tenants
- Self-employed with less than 3 years accounts
- Limited company Directors / Shareholders
- Low deposit/high loan to mortgage value
- Late payments or historic problems with credit
- Unusual properties
- Interest only mortgages
- Borrowing into later life